Emergency Management Questions
Are your current plans, policies and procedures designed to answer the following questions? If you are a CEO, Head of Government, or in charge of emergency operations, you need to have a system in place that can answer these questions and provide you with the information you need to make efficient and responsible decisions.
The 25 questions every CEO must be prepared to ask and every emergency manager must be able to answer:
- What is the emergency?
- When did it occur?
- Where did it occur?
- What was the cause?
- What population has been affected?
- How are they affected
- How long will they be affected?
- How many dead?
- How many injured?
- How many missing?
- What is the extent and cost of the damage?
- What is the current impact on government/business operations?
- How did we learn of the incident?
- When did we respond?
- Who is in field command?
- What has been accomplished so far?
- What is the status of field response?
- What is the long term situation?
- What is the short term situation?
- Has mutual aid been requested?
- What are the emergency public information requirements?
- What is the short term plan?
- What is the long term plan?
- What executive actions or decisions are needed?
- What is our briefing schedule?